heading

Friday, November 2, 2012

New Santa's are on ebay.

New Santa's on ebay this week. 



2 new Santa's went on ebay and there is only 1/2 as many people as last time who are seeing them.  I think it is because no one had bid on these.  A little sad because the start was so good.  But, I tell myself," I have just started on ebay, "  give it time.  Time is what I have. Anything that does not sale on ebay may go on etsy or saved for a craft show.   I will only go to 1 show next year.

This is one of my own sculpted faces.  



Blue 120 year old, Blue quilt coat Santa.

My new Santa, in the Blue Coat has a quilt  coat that is 120 years old.  It has 2 wool, green blankets inside of it and also a pink flannel top sheet.   The flannel top sheet was trimmed in pink crochet edging.  I wanted to rip it all up just to have the top sheet.  I did not and it made into a wonderful coat.  It was so old that all the fabric just sort of blended in together.  Not a bit bulky.  




I made the lantern that he is carrying in his right hand.  



If you have a chance, hop on over to ebay and check him out and see more pictures.  

Happy Santa !!



My other Santa is also one of my Sculpts.  I call him the Happy Santa because of his teeth and big smile.  I did make a silicon mold to save this face.  I like seeing Santa's teeth.  Make kids remember to brush. !!




He has green garland around his face and it is trimmed in vintage mercury glass beads.  His coat is also made from an Antique quilt.  I just love these guys.  I really hate to part with them.  But, I want to share the happiness I feel,  when I show them.  I hope they make everyone who sees then happy also.  

One more Surprise.  


Frosty the Snow Man, was also at my house.  He did find a new home in Rhode Island.  








Frosty was helping Santa deliver gifts on Christmas Eve.  He has a metal, ice covered bucket that is loaded down with gifts.   He has a long list and also a Magic Key that is on his flannel neck scarf.  It fit into any door, to open it, on Christmas Eve.  His hood can be worn up or down.   He has on his red boots and red button caps for the occasion.  



Here is a sneak peek of more Frosty friends. 
 Santa and his friends live at my house all year long.   


You may not recognize them after I am finished.  One will be Miss Katie.  she will have on leather gloves and a Pink coat.  

I actually cut the fingers off an antique pair of opera gloves and slipped them on the snow girl arms. I will attache a picture to show what I did. I just can't wait to finish Miss Katie.   



Worked at the doctors office today and had to get up in the early AM for several days.  Going to jump in my jammies and off to bed. 


Good Night.  Merry Christmas !! 


No comments:

Post a Comment