heading

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Full of Turkey


                                      So Full of Turkey


Why do I do it?  Why do I always have to stuff myself?   Well, it could be that Thanksgiving is the only time all this good stuff gets cooked together. Stuffing, pie, sweet potatoes, and of course the magnificent turkey.   

So maybe I will do it all over again and serve it for Christmas Day.  Oh !  I did not do it all!!  My son cooked.  That is why it tasted so good.  I did not have to cook it at all.  I did make the pies and cranberry salad, that was my mom's recipe.  Oh so good.  Yum.

I did not like cranberries until I was in high school.  Every year I took my Grandmother to a special dinner to honor St. Anne.  She was the Grandmother of Jesus.  Every year we drove to Steubenville, Ohio, which was only across the bridge, to go to St. John's Catholic Church, where we attended the service.

After the service we then attended a dinner, which was a turkey dinner.  So, that is where Gram insisted I try the the cranberries.  On My !!  I was in Love!!  Now we have cranberries anytime of the year at my house.
so if you encourage your kids to try different things, you should also try.

My son also encourages us to try oysters, clams and mussels. Those are something I will never eat again.  It was not instant love like the cranberries were.

My grand daughter and I are going to make Christmas decorations for her littlest pet shop doll house. She is the most important item  right now.  So, signing off.

 PS  I even named a snow doll after her.  Miss Katie.

dk

   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment