heading

Sunday, October 14, 2012

That's a Go!!


Ok, everything seems to be set.  Santa's on ebay, web page has tags & I have to get started on the rest of the little men.  I am a bit sad that I was not able to do this 20 years ago. But, I thank God that I can do it now.  ;->  .   

It is about 76 here in the Northern Panhandle of WVa.  My husband is putting the rest of the patio things  away.  Too warm to think about Santa but, Christmas & Winter are always on my mind. 




Here is a peek at what I am working on now.  These are 2 of my own sculpts.  One is a very Happy Santa & the other an old tired, but Happy Santa.   I sculpted these and made a silicon mold and poured them in Resin.  I did not like how they felt or looked.  So..... I got a scalpel and cut them apart.  UGH!!  

I then casted them in paper clay and re sculpted them.  I found that this gives them a one of a kind look that I am really happy about.  They should be on my web site,  dkvintageholiday.com   in a few weeks.  

One Santa will be trimmed in rabbit fur and the other, maybe in pajamas.  Red Pajamas of course.  He will be carrying a down feather pillow. 

Santa and his Friends live at my house all year round !! 

Check back to see how I am doing with them.  I'll keep you posted.  

Check out my ebay page  Do "Advance" search, and then hit ,    "by seller" and type in my name.  

 dkvintageholiday  





If you are on Facebook,  go to my store, DK Vintage Holiday , and like me.  Leave a comment if you want. Tell me where you first saw my Santa's.   

Thanks, DK

1 comment: