heading

Friday, October 19, 2012

DK Vintage Holiday Santa's chosen for, Vintage Collectables !

I started to feel better today so I went to work on my Santa's and Snow people.  I have some wonderful Snow People coming up in a few days.  

But first, the GOOD NEWS.  I receive a weekly Collectors News Letter.   I opened it today and was shocked to see that my 2 Santa's that are on ebay, were picked in the top 40  of Vintage Santa Collectibles & Figurines.  What an honor.  My legs are still shaking.  At first I only saw 1 Santa.   I ran down the steps to tell my husband.  When I came back to the computer, I saw that they both were picked.   I had to run back downstairs to tell my husband.  I just need to keep the momentum going.  

I worked on Snow People today.  I love sparkly things.  Snow & Snow People have just the right sparkle.

I recently made and donated a Snow Woman Candy Container.  It was donated to help fund breast cancer items for people who can't afford some of the aftercare. The fund is for men & woman and children who lost their hair and need wigs.  They buy  bra's, skull caps , makeup , etc.  This is located in Las Vegas Nevada.  My sister is a breast cancer survivor in Vegas.

 My next item I'll sell,   will be sent to, Athena's Closet,  in Weirton, WV.  They do the same.  Help cancer patients to get things that they need in after care, and cannot afford.
I worked with Athena.  We were both X Ray Technicians.  My friend Athena, lost her battle with breast cancer,  but her memory lives on through this organization.  I will be so proud to support this fine organization. no one gets paid.  They are all volunteers.

Well, just a heads up  from me to you.

Merry Christmas !!   DK Vintage Holiday on facebook.  Come & like me.




1 comment:

  1. You need to see these up close to understand the tremendous craftsmanship of this artesian.

    ReplyDelete