heading

Monday, September 2, 2013

                     Everything is coming along !! 


Every year the Art's Club has a parade of homes.  People set up elaborate decorations in their home and the club sales tickets to view these homes.  Only 200 tickets are sold.  This year I have been asked to be one of the stops.  No, they are not coming to my home but to the Gallery  in town where they will view my Old German Santa's, Candy Containers Santa's, & my Snowpeople.  


I have hands and gloved hands on one cookie sheet, Snowpeople on another and Santa's faces on another.  I have standing bodies all over the shop and of course, the sitting bodies in a safe place, so I won't poke my eye with the wires.   LOL




Here are some of my Santa faces just waiting for the beard to grow.  Some of these are Santa Candy Containers, Some are special orders and children, candy containers.  


The Snowpeople were out in the hot sun yesterday.   I was giving them  the final no melt test.  See, my Snowpeople, never melt.  


Right now I have the boots and hands on a special sheet to dry then hard so I can start to assemble.  

Every time I do a part of the Santa or Snowpoeple, I say, "This is my favorite part".

I am sculpting a new face, " This is my favorite part".  

I paint the faces to get a look that I am after, "This is my favorite part.  I have found that, I love it all.  


Come back soon to see finished  Santa's.  Hope to have some done  by this weekend.  They will go on my facebook page and then onto ebay & etsy.


DK Vintage Holiday



See you soon !!  Cheers  DK



  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment